Thursday, February 23, 2012

Update after the 2nd treatment

Today is the 8th day after the treatment and I feel pretty good. Don't get me wrong, the first few days the nausea was almost always there, even if I took medication for it, and I usually had to eat often, every 1 to 2 hours, small nutritious meals/snacks. I still don't have an appetite for meat (I don't even want to see it even, is like my body tells me not to eat it), but I do eat fish (salmon) occasionally. My sweet tooth has now calmed down :) and I hardly eat sweets these days. If there is something that I realized this early in the treatment is that I can feel the difference in my body if I eat more nutritious foods. It definitely makes my body feel better and more capable to "resist" the drugs if I eat organic products and not processed foods.

Today were no signs of nausea and I stooped taking the medication for it from day 5. Some slight bone pain I noticed and low energy level around noon yesterday, but I can't complain. Comparing to the previous treatment's side effects, this time around I felt that went better somewhat. Either I knew what to expect this time around, either the shot that was giving 24 hours after the treatment helped with the white blood cells count and therefore helped with some of the symptoms, I don't know exactly.

I also had my first massage a couple of days ago, at the center where I also go for treatment. It was recommended by the naturopathic doctor, telling me that it will be a benefit for me, as well as acupuncture and chiropractic sessions. The session was only 30 min. long and this because there are toxins that are getting eliminated, therefore my body having to deal with the chemotherapy is hard enough so they don't want to "put too much on my plate" so to speak, for the body to work extra in eliminating the toxins.  I guess I just have to trust what they are telling me, because I only cared for a good massage:)

I want to thank everyone for their generous donations. I feel fortunate to have so many friends that support me not just spiritually and through thought, but also financially.  It definitely makes this journey much easier to deal with.

XOXO
Mihaela




2 comments:

  1. Ma bucur sa aud ca te simti destul de bine si fizicul vad ca asculta mintea ta ramai pozitiva asa cum sti tu sa fi vesela zambareata iar fetele tale se pot bucura zi de zi de o mama frumoasa si curajoasa o imbratisare tin tot sufletu sorela Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si eu ma bucur sa aud ca te simti bine.....o sa te simti tot mai bine.....Te pupam

    ReplyDelete